Something I know I need to work on in all of my essays is vocabulary. While I am working to broaden my vocabulary, it is still hard to find where I want to include sophisticated diction. I think that over all if I include more sophisticated diction, the over all flow of my paper will be much better and it will be a higher scoring essay. Another thing I need to improve on would be sticking with the thesis. I feel that sometimes I digress in my papers and that can cause confusion. I think that if I back up my points of complexity more clearly, the over all paper would improve.
My three goals to improve my writing:
1. Include sophisticated diction.
This will probably be on of my goals for the entire year. It is something I need to work on for all writing and I think that with hard work, I can learn to include it where it sounds best.
2. Work on supporting complexity.
With every idea included in the text, there should be supporting details to back up the idea. I think I could go more in depth for each of the quotes or examples. In all of my essays, it's been a struggle for me to back up my points and thesis with in depth support.
3. Continue each point; don't digress.
When I am timed for an essay, I tend to let my mind wander, and then I end up having multiple ideas that I feel I have to put down. I feel that if I stick to one point per paragraph and some how connect it to the next, the over paper will improve significantly.
No comments:
Post a Comment